- 2004- Graduated with BA (hons) in Fine Art (Painting and Drawing) from Duncanof Jordanstone School of Art, Dundee.
- 2001- Graduated with an HND in art and Design from George Street School of Art, Dumfries.
- 2020 – Award for Drawing and Painting, First Prize, Aberdeen Art society Annual exhibition.
- 2020 – Finalist in BP Portrait Award
- 2020 – Finalist in Scottish Portrait Awards
- 2019 – Finalist in BP Portrait Award
- 2019 – Finalist in Scottish Portrait Awards
- 2018 – Finalist in Scottish Portrait Awards
- 2017 – Finalist in Scottish Portrait Awards
- 2007- Awarded the Bell Lawrie Award at The White Gallery, Christmas Show,Dundee.
- 2004- Awarded the Aiden Threlfall Travelling Scholarship from The Goldsmiths Company, London.
Steven’s work has been exhibited in solo and group shows in galleries across Scotland and beyond, including the National Portrait Gallery in London and Edinburgh. If you would like to show Steven’s work, please get in touch via the contact page.
ACQUISITIONS & PRIVATE COLLECTORS
Steven’s work has private collectors around the world. His painting of former Lord Provost of Aberdeen, George Adam, was acquired by Aberdeen City Council in 2020 for permanent display in the St Nicholas Room at the Town House headquarters.